More talks in the program:
16:00 - 16:50
The concept of Technical Debt is always different when you ask a developer or a sponsor. Why is it that complicated to understand for the sponsors? Why do developers struggle to explain it? I’m sharing my failed and successful attempts with Technical Debt in three different countries and different contexts. Each time I was on a different role and my perspective was different, but in every case, I needed to deal with technical debt.
Agenda of the talk:
- What’s technical debt?
- What does the developer mean with technical debt?
- What does the sponsor understand with technical debt?
- I tried, but I failed: several examples trying to add technical debt to the backlog and why I think I failed
- We tried, and it worked! Some examples of success stories adding technical debt to the backlog.
- Key factors: team decision, trade of, conversation.
- Wrapping Up